Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Who am I?

I'm not a grumpy old lady! Well, my kids and my husband say that I am, but I deny it. If I'm a little short tempered these days, it's because I have 18 baby chickens in the kitchen and 30 eggs in an incubator in the bath tub. What am I supposed to do with all this fowl?! We already have 6 chickens outside, and they produce all the eggs we need. My husband thinks we'll eat some of these, but I do suppose the kids will have something to say about that. Speaking of which... we also have 5 little rabbits on the back porch. They're supposed to be meat rabbits, but the kids have them all named and love to put them in a pen in the backyard and play with them. I predict no rabbit stew for us any time soon either.

So, you might ask, why the name 'A Cup of Hot'? Well, Grumpy Old Lady was already taken! And besides, I do enjoy a nice cup of hot to help me relax. With 4 kids and all this poultry in the house, I need to relax.

I am a stay at home mom, who would love a work-from-home job. I had one of those until a few months back and found that I really liked the paycheck. Know of anyone who wants a stay at home software designer? I know all about chickens. How about some custom chicken raising software?! If so, I'm the right lady for the job.

I am also a homeschool mom. That's right, 4 kids that stay at home with me all day. We have a great time learning together. We go on a ton of field trips, attend classes and playgroups and get more 'social' time than anybody I know. That makes for a busy enough time, but then we actually do a little schoolwork every now and then too - just to keep from getting bored.

Oh well. Enough for one night. It's time to go feed the chicks and have a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment