Friday, April 17, 2009

A Rainy Day

It rained today. This is a good thing, as we have just planted our garden. Connor is turning out to be a pretty good garden helper. He loves to hoe! Yesterday we planted peppers, tomatoes, beans, cucumbers and watermelon. We're saving room for okra. That will fill up the garden, but we still have more things to plant. I'm thinking of dragging a few more tires up from the back acres to make raised beds out of. -- What's the matter? Didn't know I was a redneck? Ha, neither did I, but I guess if the shoe fits...

We tried candelling the eggs in the incubator yesterday. We didn't have a box like suggested. I hope that makes a difference, because we didn't see anything but eggs. No little blobs like the pictures on the internet shows. I really do hope I'm not giving up my bath tub for three weeks just for a batch of rotten eggs.

The kids and I went to Sam's today to try to get a few things. We made it there before the storms hit, but the lightning was pretty close. Since they were nervous about the possibility of the power going off inside the store, I wore my flashlight. It's on a lanyard, and dangled around my neck during our trip. Some folks thought that was a little strange, but I bet they see a lot worse these days. BTW, did you know Friday is sample day at Sam's? Don't worry about eating lunch, just go and have at it. The kids think it's a blast.

It's been a busy day and I'm tired. As I've already had my cup of hot, I'm going to sign off and go to bed. Good Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment