Thursday, April 23, 2009

More on the garden and chicks

Well, I think I mentioned that I was running out of garden space faster than I was running out of seeds. My husband (David) took care of that problem by doubling the size of the garden! He got the tractor out while the kids were at soccer the other evening and when we got home, there it was. We have now planted the okra, some popcorn, pumpkins, cantaloupe. And guess what, we still have leftover space. I still have a bag of seeds, so we'll get back out there tomorrow.

We watched another video online about candelling eggs and tried again a couple of nights ago. This time, we saw some movement in one that we're sure was a baby chick! We were so happy, that we quit then and there and didn't look at any more. Ha, ha, I know, silly us - but since we don't know exactly what we're looking at anyway, we aren't likely to throw any of this batch away until we know for sure they're not going to hatch. I just hope one doesn't explode in the incubator between now and next Thursday. That's when they're due to hatch. Only one more week!

Quincy (3 year old daughter) has quit wanting to eat eggs because she thinks she'll be eating one of our chicks! I keep explaining to her that there are no chickens in these eggs, but she doesn't seem to believe me. What to do, what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment