Friday, December 3, 2010

The Christmas Season

We're back from spending Thanksgiving at the in-laws house.  That can only mean one thing.  Christmas is right around the corner.  Sharing Christmas with my husband and children is always a joy, but it also means that I have a lot to do.  I'm not one to put the tree up too early, so maybe next weekend we'll get to it.  Aside from decorating, we also have to clean the house and prepare for company.  Our in-laws will be joining us for the holidays this year.  We are looking forward to this.  Cleaning alone could take me weeks, but I'll cut a few corners and try to make time for shopping and baking too.  The kids are great baker-helpers and I'm sure we'll have a blast.  My husband needs to get his big buck this weekend so I can take some time to do a little kid free shopping next weekend.  (Hint, hint, hint).  I almost forgot, Christmas photos need to be taken and cards sent out too.

It sounds like a lot, but I think getting busy and keeping busy will help get me in the spirit of the season.  I'm going to try not to stress over finding the perfect gift and concentrate on enjoying my close-enough-to-perfect family.

Here's hoping that you get to enjoy the season with those you love too!

No comments:

Post a Comment